Some Facts Edit
- The southernmost and smallest mainland state
- Capital city is Melbourne
- The best coastal drive is right here - the Great Ocean Road
- We have trams (well, ok, only in parts of Melbourne)
- We have penguins (fairy ones) most popular visiting/viewing spot is Phillip Island
- There's now penguins at the Melbourne Aquarium too!
- We have snow, beautiful beaches, the odd forest and the Grand Prix
- We have Crown Casino which takes about 15 minutes to walk through, and tens of thousands of gaming machines!
- Calls itself the Garden state, just like New Jersey USA.
- Has elected Oz's 1st Green federal MP (Melbourne Central).
- Woolworths was called Safeway down here!
Mr Denis Napthine (Liberal) from 2013
Liberal 34 + National 10 = 44
Labor 43. Ind. Liberal 1.
"Greens" got 11 % of vote (2010 election) but no seats.
In the 2013 Fed. election, Labor won more seats in Vic than the Lib/Nats.